Deltona White Collar Crime Lawyers
Get Trial-Tested & Personalized Legal Representation
Are you facing allegations of white-collar crimes in Deltona, FL? When it comes to defending your rights and safeguarding your future, you need experienced legal professionals who can navigate the complexities of the legal system. At Hager & Schwartz, P.A., we are dedicated to providing top-tier legal representation for individuals accused of white-collar crimes in Deltona and throughout the state of Florida. Our seasoned attorneys have a strong track record of success and are committed to securing the best possible outcome for our clients.
Contact us today at (386) 693-1637 to request a confidential case evaluation.
Understanding White Collar Crimes
White-collar crime refers to a category of non-violent, financially motivated criminal activities typically committed by individuals, businesses, or government officials in positions of trust or authority. These crimes are characterized by deceit, fraud, or other forms of dishonesty intended to achieve financial gain or to hide unlawful activities. White-collar crimes are often sophisticated and can have significant economic and social consequences.
Common types of white-collar crimes in Florida and elsewhere include:
- Fraud: Fraud is a broad category that encompasses various deceptive practices aimed at obtaining money, property, services, or other benefits through dishonest or misleading means. Common types of fraud include:
- Securities Fraud: Involves deceitful activities related to the buying and selling of stocks, bonds, or other securities.
- Insurance Fraud: Occurs when individuals or organizations engage in dishonest practices to receive unwarranted insurance benefits.
- Bank Fraud: Includes fraudulent activities committed against financial institutions, such as check kiting or identity theft.
- Credit Card Fraud: Involves unauthorized use of credit or debit card information to make unauthorized purchases.
- Healthcare Fraud: This type of fraud involves deceptive practices within the healthcare industry, including billing for services not provided, overcharging, or making false claims to insurance providers.
- Money Laundering: Money laundering is the process of concealing the origins of illegally obtained money by passing it through a complex sequence of banking transfers or commercial transactions. This is often done to make "dirty" money appear legitimate.
- Embezzlement: Embezzlement involves the misappropriation of funds entrusted to someone's care, often within an organization. This may include employees stealing money from their employer, often through manipulating financial records or diverting funds for personal use.
- Identity Theft: Identity theft occurs when an individual's personal information, such as their Social Security number, credit card details, or other identifying data, is used without their consent to commit fraudulent activities. Identity theft can result in financial loss and damage to one's credit.
- Bribery and Corruption: Bribery involves offering, giving, receiving, or soliciting something of value to influence an official or other person in their official capacity or to gain an unfair advantage. Corruption includes any abuse of power for personal gain, including acts of bribery, kickbacks, and extortion.
- Tax Evasion: This white-collar crime involves underreporting income, inflating deductions, or other fraudulent activities to reduce tax liability. Tax evasion is a serious offense that can result in significant penalties and even criminal charges.
- Forgery: Forgery is the creation or alteration of documents, signatures, or other records with the intent to deceive. This can include forging checks, legal documents, or contracts.
- Computer and Internet Crimes: With the rise of technology, white-collar criminals have adapted to commit crimes online. Computer and internet crimes include activities such as hacking, phishing, and online scams.
These crimes can lead to severe legal consequences, including substantial fines, forfeiture of assets, and imprisonment. If you're facing white-collar crime charges in Deltona, it is essential to have a skilled attorney by your side to protect your rights and craft a strong defense strategy.
Why Choose Us?
At Hager & Schwartz, P.A., we are committed to delivering top-notch legal representation to our clients. Our team of seasoned white-collar crime lawyers in Deltona, FL, stands out for several reasons:
- Expertise and Experience: Our attorneys bring a wealth of experience and legal expertise to the table. We have successfully defended numerous clients against white-collar crime charges in Deltona and have a deep understanding of the legal nuances involved.
- Personalized Legal Solutions: We recognize that each case is unique, and we approach every client's situation with a tailored strategy. Our Deltona white-collar crime attorneys will work closely with you to understand the specifics of your case and craft a defense that suits your individual needs.
- Comprehensive Defense Services: Our legal services cover all aspects of white-collar crime cases, from investigation and pre-trial negotiations to courtroom representation. We are well-versed in the latest developments in white-collar crime law in Florida and will ensure that you receive the best possible defense.
- Aggressive Advocacy: We are known for our fierce advocacy in the courtroom. Our attorneys are not afraid to stand up for your rights and challenge the prosecution's case, utilizing every available legal avenue to secure the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Strong Track Record: Our team at Hager & Schwartz, P.A. has an impressive track record of successfully defending clients against white-collar crime charges in Deltona and throughout Florida. Our results speak to our commitment to achieving the best possible outcomes for our clients.
I thoroughly recommend Brett Schwartz as a defense attorney.
“I thoroughly recommend Brett Schwartz as a defense attorney. He worked tirelessly and relentlessly to get my case dropped even before it went to trial. He succeeded, although the odds were heavily stacked against us.”
Should you ever need a defense attorney, he is the person to contact.
“I was referred to Brett Schwartz by a friend facing very serious charges. He was very understanding and also very honest, walked us through the process of what could happen from beginning to end best case scenario and of course worst case scenario.”
If you need help go see Brett!
“We worked with Brett on a domestic violence charge. He was the third lawyer we went to and we FINALLY got the result we desired. His knowledge of the law, the system and straightforwardness are beyond impressive.”