EDUCATION & EARLY CAREER
Attorney Schwartz received his bachelor's degree from the University of Miami where he co-founded the University’s Pre-Legal Society. He then earned his Juris Doctorate from South Texas College of Law. While in Texas, Attorney Schwartz honed his trial advocacy skills and went on to be involved in regional and national mock trial competitions.
After graduating from law school, Mr. Schwartz became an Assistant State Attorney in the Miami-Dade County State Attorney's Office. This position allowed him to craft his litigation skills and expand his criminal law knowledge. As a prosecutor, Attorney Schwartz handled thousands of cases, including DUI, Domestic Violence, Battery, Drug Offenses, Theft Offenses, Aggravated Assault/Battery, Robbery, Sexual Battery, Juvenile cases, and Probation Violations.
BAR ASSOCIATIONS & PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
These distinctions speak to the level of professionalism demonstrated by Attorney Schwartz and esteem among his peers, as these groups are comprised only of qualified and proven attorneys.
Brett M. Schwartz, Esq. is an active member of the following associations:
- The Florida Bar Association
- United States District Court Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court Middle District of Florida
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA)
- The American Bar Association (ABA)
- The Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL)
- Dade County Bar Association
Since becoming a lawyer, Attorney Schwartz has tried hundreds of cases to verdict in both county and circuit courts. These credentials afford his clients confidence and comfort turning over their case to Attorney Schwartz!
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
After serving as an Assistant State Attorney, Attorney Schwartz worked with an insurance defense firm and litigated on behalf of some of Florida's most prominent insurance companies.
In addition to these career milestones, Attorney Schwartz has earned distinction as:
- A member of the Board of Directors for the Shaken Baby Alliance
- A Super Lawyer from 2014 - 2020
- One of the Best Attorneys of America 2017
- An AV Rated Attorney from 2013 - 2017
Contact a Daytona Beach Criminal Defense Lawyer at our firm to learn more about Attorney Schwartz and to arrange for an initial consultation with our firm!